Thursday, August 2, 2012

Minding Your Peas and Carrots

I read everything.  Well almost everything.  I have a difficult time reading the multi page, small print stuff the credit card and phone companies send daily.

I pay particular attention to labels on foods that I buy.  I am not only concerned about what my family is consuming but also what we are putting in the gift baskets we sell.

We have many clients that prefer foods that are sugar free, organic, or gluten free.  So we choose our products carefully.

That's why I was shocked when I opened a can of peas and carrots last night and caught sight of the ingredients.  Right there along side the words peas and carrots was the word "sugar".  I didn't realize sweet peas needed sugar.

For the record, we rarely eat canned veggies, especially in the summer when we have access to fresh produce from local farms, but the dog was chomping grass and we didn't have any fresh carrots in the house.

The view from Laurel Mountain today is .... remember the details.

Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment