Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Elusive Hole In One


I played in the local Chamber of Commerce golf tournament on Friday.  I love playing golf.  The other members of my team and I aren't professional  golfers and we weren't out to "win" the tournament but simply to play a good game and enjoy a day out with friends.

Yes, when you play golf you are competing "against" other golfers but, most golfers will tell you, what they are really trying to "beat" is their own personal best.

I love golf because it is a game (exercise) that constantly challenges ones skills, mentally and physically.  I also love golf because I know that no matter how well I play, I can always improve.  There is no perfection in golf.

I approach my job the same way.  My job constantly challenges my skills, both mentally and physically.  Yes, there are thousands of other gift basket companies in the world and although Laurel Mountain Basket Co is Nationally recognized for our unique designs, there are some companies that are more "successful" than ours.

As in golf, I know I will never be one of the top 3, but I am determined to bring  my "A" game every day and give my clients the best I can.  I will also keep improving toward perfection, knowing achieving it is impossible.

The view from Laurel Mountain today is ...  understanding perfection.

Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment