Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Create A Stress-Free Zone In Your Business



It’s confirmed.  I took one of those on line stress tests the other day and my score indicated I have many signs of burnout like lack of energy, feeling overwhelmed, unable to relax and inability to focus.  Wow, I don’t think I know anyone in business today who isn’t suffering from “burnout”.

All of us are affected by work related stress at one time or another.  Of course, some jobs are more stressful than others.  Air traffic controllers, police and fire personnel come to mind, but would you have guessed that the job of bus driver is highly stressful?  Bus drivers sit for long periods of time, are responsible for the safe operation of the bus in dense traffic while maintaining tight schedules.  They deal with all types of passengers, some of whom may be threatening or violent.

Stress is pretty serious.  It causes everything from headaches to heart attacks.  75 to 90 percent of doctor visits are fro stress related complaints.

But, there is hope.  There are many ways to reduce stress in your life.  Exercise, eat right, get enough sleep, join family and friends in fun activities.  I’ve met with my Board of Directors and we’ve come up with some ways to relieve stress on the job at Laurel Mountain Company.

Stretch, play, nap, yawn (lowers BP), run for no reason, drink lots of water, love unconditionally, and live simply.  Did I mention that my Board of Directors is made up of my dogs, Zeva and DixieLee?

Now that Laurel Mountain Basket Company is a stress-free company, we are prepared to help you become stress-free, at least as far as helping you manage your gift giving needs.  Just give us a call and we’ll do the rest.

Stay Calm,

Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment