Friday, May 6, 2016

Sometimes Even The Professional Needs Professional Help


I’m the gift giving “expert”.  Clients come to me when they need a gift and have no idea of what they want.   At Laurel Mountain Basket Company we believe we have the knowledge and experience to help our clients choose gifts appropriate for every occasion.

Imagine how weird it felt when I needed a gift and didn’t have a clue what to give.

Vic and I are invited to the wedding of a woman I know but not all that well.  She is a widow and it is a second wedding for her fiancé also.  They are both in their 60’s and have everything they need for their home.  Unlike some brides, she didn’t “register” anywhere so that wasn’t an option. 

Time to call in the professionals.  One of the great things about the gift basket business is that it is filled with some very smart people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.  We belong to a couple of industry groups and over the past 17 years, I have developed wonderful relationships with some amazing people.

With a click of the mouse, I was able to get some great advice.   After consulting with the professionals, I realized I had the answer the whole time.  All I needed to do was follow the Laurel Mountain Basket Co formula.

1.  Who is giving the gift? Seems obvious but we all fill many roles.  Will gift be sent from our company or from us personally?

2.  Who is receiving the gift?  What is our relationship?  Close friend, family member, co-worker, business associate?  The type of gift should reflect the relationship.

3.  What’s the occasion?  In this case, it’s a wedding but what kind of wedding?  Is it a black tie formal or a back yard bar-b-que?

4.  What’s the budget?  This is always an important consideration.

It didn’t’ take long to realize that I did know something about the couple that made choosing a gift easy.  They love to cook and they love Italian food so I designed a pasta gift basket especially for them and since I know she likes wine, I added a nice bottle of red.

When you need a gift and don’t know what to do, just ask a professional like the ones at Laurel Mountain Basket Co where gift giving won’t make you a basket case.

Marie


P.S.  To see samples of our work, go to our website at www.laurelmtbasket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment